A performance appraisal form provides individual or group information about the organization’s performance. Today, automating this process through software simplifies decision making.
The job performance evaluation form is a form of evaluation in which different aspects related to the professional performance of an employee or a particular department are recorded. It is the foundation from which performance appraisal software emerged .
The evaluation form is also defined as a performance evaluation worksheet or evaluation questionnaire . In both cases, its function is the same: to document, in detail, the professional performance of a person or sector .
In this way, based on a series of aspects, such as tasks, objectives, short, medium and long term goals, the analysis is carried out.
Thus, the performance evaluation worksheet records the employee’s current performance, allows estimating their development potential and recognizing deficiencies. This information is obtained through a quantitative and qualitative assessment, which allows decision-making based on objective data.
What is a performance appraisal form for?
The performance appraisal worksheet allows you to record the following aspects:
- The organization and order of the various components of each department.
- The job performance appraisal form is used to assess and establish the most appropriate contributions to employees based on their performance.
- Measure feedback between different components of the organization in relation to their job roles and interpersonal relationships.
- Report errors in the functioning of the organization.
- Evaluate personnel selection criteria .
- Estimate the results of the organization’s recruitment and selection programs .
- Strengthen positive performance through recognition or training programs that encourage employee training and skills development.
- Evaluate the functioning of communication between the different areas of the organization.
- Generate motivational methods and actions to improve employees’ sense of belonging and commitment to the organization.
Collecting all these aspects is a huge job for a Human Resources department, they would dedicate a lot of hours and resources.
On the other hand, a performance evaluation software guarantees the analysis of the workforce with simple and automated processes with which the company will save money and, at the same time, gain quality in the performance reports of its workers .
Features of a job performance appraisal form
The performance appraisal process must address a number of issues to achieve positive results.
Consistently, generating an exchange in which the employee is aware of their strengths and aspects to be improved is important for their professional development and growth. The capacities to be strengthened and the competences on which it is necessary to work are highlighted.
As it is based on objective data, the feedback will be with perspectives of improvement and not of control or punishment for performance.
The evaluation of work performance must be comprehensive and comprehensive
Both the employee and the person in charge must understand the process in a global way, interrelating it with the other aspects of HR, in order to reach better conclusions.
In case of doubt, research software can be used , through which accurate, confidential and filtered results can be obtained from the concerns and needs of the workforce.
must be regular
To prevent adverse scenarios or specific inconveniences from getting complicated, performance evaluation must be constant throughout the year and not just at a given time.
must serve the workers
In this sense, having a tool to develop training programs is important.
Our training software is committed to the continuous development of the worker , with specialized training for their functions and tasks in order to enhance the performance of teams .
How to choose the best performance appraisal form?
The selection of the job performance evaluation form depends on the objectives to be achieved and the situation to be studied.
Rating by target
Within these examples, there are two, the individual and the group . The first aims to study the particular performance of each employee; while the second studies the performance of the different teams and departments of a company.
Performance evaluation worksheet by type of analysis
These cases have different perspectives depending on the interest of each organization. They are as follows:
360 degree performance appraisal form
This performance evaluation worksheet studies the different areas of the organization and how the employee relates to his colleagues , subordinates , superiors , direct managers and customers . From these relationships, conclusions are established.
Worksheet to Evaluating performance based on employee satisfaction
It is based on the worker’s opinion of his performance . The premise is that if the employee feels satisfied, he is more productive for the organization.
Form the performance Evaluating Competence
Analyze employee performance based on the skills required and required for the position. Knowledge of the fundamental skills for your position. It is one of the most used in the business world.
Performance evaluation worksheet for critical incidents
It is based on the study of the employee’s behavior to observe how he reacts to complicated situations and moments of crisis. Your ability to respond to problems.
Through cost assessment
The results are established from a cost-benefit relationship developed by the company.
How to create a performance appraisal form?
First, we suggest that to create the performance appraisal form, you use HR software . Today, there are several on the market, and you can choose the best one for your company.
But to make this assessment, it is important for you to know which types exist:
- Graphic scales of classification;
- Choice and forced distribution;
- Field research;
- Critical incidents;
- Pair comparison;
- Performance report;
- Evaluation by results;
- Performance standards;
- Descriptive phrases;
- Evaluation by objectives;
- Evaluation by potential;
- Balanced Scorecard.
How to create a performance review form
- Contributor name;
- Job title;
- Period analyzed.
- Make realistic goals;
- Meet deadlines;
- Work intelligently and not hard;
- Seek efficiency;
- Complete your tasks;
- Shows good judgments.
- Process all information received;
- Listen to others;
- Communicates efficiently;
- Makes written communication correctly (reports, documents);
- Email etiquette;
- Phone etiquette.
- Lead by example;
- Find realistic solutions;
- Act decisively, face problems;
- Get the best out of team members;
- Resolve conflicts;
- Sets clear expectations;
- Provides the necessary results;
- Delegate clearly.
- It is controlled under pressure;
- Set high standards for yourself;
- Set challenging goals.
- Strong customer advocate;
- Leave aside personal differences and desires;
- Offers good, practical advice;
- It encourages loyalty among employees.
- Prioritizes tasks;
- Responds quickly and well to problems;
- Manage costs effectively;
- Develops new strategies;
- Organize tasks.
In all the fields above, it is important that you put punctuation. Typically, it goes from 1 to 5, where:
- 1 equals needs improvement;
- 2 equals reasonable;
- 3 equals meets requirements;
- 4 equals exceeds requirements;
- 5 equals exceptional.
In addition to the items mentioned, to create the performance evaluation form there are other fields that must be filled out. Look:
- Goals for the next period of analysis: indicate here the standards that must be observed in a next performance evaluation;
- Employee comments: space for the professional to make his/her considerations;
- Signatures: Every assessment must be signed by the employee and their immediate manager or supervisor. In addition, it is necessary to inform the date.
It is important to note that this assessment does not need to be in printed format. It can be answered online and, once completed, ask the employee and manager to sign virtually. After all, with the increasingly advanced technology it is possible to have this practicality.
Understand the importance of performance appraisal
The performance evaluation is very important for businesses. First, it is a tool that increases the stimulus and motivation to work in the organization. After all, through it, the employee will know in which points he needs to improve and where he is getting it right. In addition to feeling valued by the institution.
Another point is that performance evaluation allows managers to get to know each member of their team better. In addition to knowing how each professional performs their activities and understanding their potential.
When choosing the methodology, it will provide more objectivity, clarity and transparency throughout the process. Therefore, it will give more credibility to the analysis and minimize perceptions that are subjective.
In this sense, performance analysis is an important tool for development management, as it provides a more systematic look and allows for better salary and job promotion practices, for example.
Furthermore, it is an effective way of communicating to employees about their performance in their work activities, giving them the opportunity to suggest necessary changes to improve their own professional performance. Thus, it is possible to give feedback on behavior and attitudes, in addition to talking about their skills and knowledge.
Furthermore, the correct management of this assessment makes it possible to identify the essential competences, skills and knowledge and also to show the qualification deficiencies that a professional has, providing resources to improve their capabilities.
This analysis allows the workforce to become even more talented and productive, as they end up more aligned with organizational goals. This also represents a cultural change, giving the professional a sense of responsibility and self-management.
Benefits of performance appraisal
- have a more systematic evaluation to base salary increases, promotions of positions, transfers and dismissals;
- communicate to professionals how they are performing at work and suggest the necessary changes in behaviors and skills or knowledge;
- It’s a good tool for giving feedback to employees.
Now, see in which situations you can apply performance appraisal:
- implement a new management model;
- evaluate the performance of professionals;
- have more clarity on what the team’s difficulties are, allowing for more assertiveness in training;
- value and motivate your team;
- have a fair recognition system;
- provide a basis for salary improvements;
- to know the difficulties and strengths of the talents that work with you;
- elaboration of an organizational and career plan;
- increase productivity.
Finally, performing the performance evaluation periodically, the expected results are:
- having a cadre of more talented professionals;
- improve performance, facilitate professional self-knowledge, as well as self-criticism and continuous improvement of employees;
- assist in the company’s internal processes, for example, internal recruitment and replacements;
- increase employee motivation;
- get to know each team member better.